ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - CLERK (TWO POSITIONS)
The Administrative Assistant provides a wide array of office duties for the Clerk/Treasurer. Work involves performing routine and varied clerical and office assignments. Work includes confidential data entry and filing. Cash handling and general office tasks including heavy public contact both in person and by phone. The position also provides responsive, courteous, and efficient customer service in support of departmental operations. The duties listed are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned. The following duties are normal for this position.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides first line customer service to internal and external customers; greets, receives and screens visitors and customers; promptly addresses and resolves customer questions pertaining to all Village Departments as able and/or refers complex inquiries, requests, or complaints to appropriate staff
- Open and Close Village Hall doors daily
- Transcribes and types letters, support documents, memos, forms, notices and reports for staff in MS Word and Excel. Operates office machines including, but not limited to, calculators, copiers, computers and fax machines
- Scans, updates, and maintains information in spreadsheets, databases, and reports including State and Government Agencies
- Coordinates with Public Works in assisting with trash/recycle bin inquiries and collection issues
- Prepares park rental refunds, invoices, bills, verifies any accounting records; and enters required information into financial software
- Reviews and processes invoices for cash receipting including sewer utility, Village permits, Developer payments, recreation fees, park rentals, MPPD Evidence funds and other agency funds; counts and balances daily receipts; prepares deposits and notifies of discrepancies
- Process annual tax collection and pet licensing and responds to all inquires
- Review and process annual renewal of liquor licenses, operator licenses and direct sellers
- Sorts, copies, and distributes a variety of correspondence, deliveries, and mail; routes office mail; retrieves, delivers, and sends faxes
- Successfully complete WisVote training through the Wisconsin Election Commission and maintain Voter database
- Review, Process, Alphabetize and File all Voter Registrations, Absentee Applications and Nursing Home records
- Assist in Scheduling Election Inspectors and coordinate with polling locations and DPW for Election Day set-up
- Assist with In-Person Absentee Voting and Election Night Activities
- Accepts applications/plans for Building, Planning and Engineering
- Accept, track and process Special Assessment Letter for Title Companies
- Creates mailing lists for property owners of project notification mailings
- Maintains internal and public calendars based on schedules, and Village meetings and provides necessary arrangements; including providing copies of agendas for the Village Board and Committee of the Whole Meetings
- Assists and provides backup for other departmental employees when necessary; covers other areas within the department due to employee absence or heavy work volume.
- Performs and participates in special projects and other duties as assigned
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two-year Associates Degree in Office Administration or related field
- Two years related office work experience
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Equivalent combinations of training and experience with solid clerical skills will be considered.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License or have the ability to obtain upon hire
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to display initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Possess skills in diplomacy and interpersonal relations
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization
- Ability to speak in public, and possess good technical writing skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Ability to read, understand and process routine and complex information in written form
- Ability to evaluate and/or make independent decisions, with or without supervision
- Ability to organize individuals of diverse needs toward a common goal
- Ability to keep records and prepare purchase orders, reports, and process permits
- Ability to utilize computer applications in the performance of duties
- Ability to receive complex oral and written instructions, and perform tasks in an efficient manner
- Willingness to assume responsibility for assisting the completion of complex projects
HOURS OF WORK:
This position works the regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional obligations outside of regular business hours.
Depending on qualifications, the starting wage for the Administrative Assistant – Clerk position is $19.00 to $22.00 per hour, with health insurance and retirement benefits.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Thiel, HR Director at email@example.com.
The Mount Pleasant Police Department is taking applications for Police Officer to fill vacancies and to establish an Eligibility List.
This is an ongoing recruitment effort, however, if you want to be included in this current process your application and all additional paperwork has to be received by 4:00pm on August 30, 2019.
South Shore Fire Department
The South Shore Fire Department is a consolidated Fire Department between the Village of Mount Pleasant and the Village of Sturtevant. Mount Pleasant is the location of FoxConn, which is developing the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park.
The South Shore Fire Department is seeking highly motivated, dedicated fire and EMS service personnel to be firefighter/paramedics. South Shore Fire Department is a full service fire and emergency medical system staffed by 59 career firefighters.
The South Shore Fire Department is developing an eligibility list to hire at least six new firefighter/paramedics by about July 1, 2019. This eligibility list may expire after this group of firefighter/paramedics are hired.
A second recruitment process to develop another candidate eligibility list will be conducted in the July to September 2019 time period.
Applicants must have the following (March 11, 2019): (a) WI State or National Registry - Paramedic Certification, (b) Certified Firefighter I, Firefighter II and Driver/ Operator (Pumper) - State of Wisconsin and (c) Candidate Physical Ability Test Certification within the last 12 month period as of March 11, 2019.
Applications may be picked up or requested from:
Jamie Adams, Administrative Assistant
3900 Old Green Bay Road, Mt. Pleasant, WI 53403-9488.
Phone: (262) 995-1215
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be returned prior to 4:30 p.m. on March 11, 2019.
Highway & Parks Seasonal Maintenance Workers
To perform semiskilled maintenance work in our Highway and Parks Departments.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs / improvements and maintains the cleanliness of parks grounds (Shrubs, trees and vegetation) and facility structures (restrooms, parking lots, benches).
- General Road Maintenance such as trash pickup, pothole filling roadside sign repair.
- Maintains and performs minor repair on building structures.
- Maintains playground equipment and surroundings.
- Cleanliness of vehicles and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Methods and techniques of park care and operations.
- Maintenance and minor repair of power equipment, vehicles, and building structures.
- Methods and techniques of road maintenance repair and construction.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, masonry, painting.
- Experience with small tractors, lawnmowers, residential and commercial type.
- Use of power hand held tools for carpentry, plumbing, masonry.
- Perform basic mathematics.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Age 18 or older required.
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in the work environment, performing a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks.
- Work around the Public in a safe and courteous manner.
- Requires ability to perform work under varying climatic conditions.
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. generally.
- Some weekend and Holidays hours required.
- Work period from April thru October flexible.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and application or resume via email to Carol Thiel, HR Director at email@example.com or mail directly to Village of Mt Pleasant; 8811 Campus Drive; Mt Pleasant, WI 53406; attn.: Carol Thiel. This posting will remain in effect until all three positions are filled.
The Village of Mount Pleasant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.