COMMUNICATIONS & TOURISM COORDINATOR
This position is a combination of a promoter, coordinator and communications role for the Village of Mt Pleasant. The position will be expected to promote the amenities, events and other activities in the Village; be responsible for communications to Village residents and visitors of the area via multiple medias; and be the primary staff position supporting the Village Tourism Commission. The position will strengthen the Village of Mt Pleasant’s presence in the community and build awareness of programs and resources; therefore, this position will be split between responsibilities for the Tourism Commission and the Village directly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. However, they are not to be construed as exclusive or all–inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may also be required or assigned.
- Responsible for marketing and communications for the Village and Tourism Commission to increase tourism and conventions.
- Coordinate Village Board, Village staff, volunteers and Tourism Commission to assure marketing plan and communications goals are accomplished.
- Foster collaborative efforts to accomplish Village and Tourism Commission goals in the community through existing and new partnerships.
- Routinely reviews and updates Village website, social media and other communications resources.
- Oversees the Tourism Commission finances in coordination with the Village Finance Director.
- Responsible for any reporting required by the State of Wisconsin, Village of Mt Pleasant or partner agencies.
- Assesses, develops, recommends and implements programs that will enhance the Village of Mt Pleasant’s profile, social media imprint and reputation.
- Develop and recommend new communication methods and enhancements to better achieve Village goals; includes marketing Village services to citizens, community groups and other external organizations that help maintain a visible and positive image for the Village.
- Provide content and graphic design assistance for internal and external communications, including annual reports and publications, press releases; agenda reports and all printed communications.
- Develop ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of the Village and its services.
- Work with Human Resource Director to design, develop and organize communications of the Village’s benefit plans.
- Coordinating with Village staff, vendors and volunteers for all Village events sponsored by Village departments or the Tourism Commission.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external customers, using good customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the Village Administrator and/or Village Tourism Commission.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Administration or a related field. This position requires a combination of education and/or experience equal to at least five years in event planning tourism, hospitality marketing, or public relations/communications. An emphasis will be placed on those candidates who have worked with the promotion of tourism and those who have marketing experience.
HOURS OF WORK:
This position works the regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional obligations outside of regular business hours.
Depending on qualifications, the starting wage for this Exempt Salaried position is $50,232 - $55,265 annually. The position includes a competitive benefits package and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Thiel, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice will remain on our website until a suitable candidate is identified, but at least until December 12, 2019.
South Shore Fire Department
Recruitment Announcement for Creating an Eligibility List for Firefighter/Paramedics
Both Entry Level and Lateral Transfer Candidates
The South Shore Fire Department is a consolidated Fire Department between the Village of Mount Pleasant and the Village of Sturtevant. Mount Pleasant is the location of FoxConn, which is developing the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park.
The South Shore Fire Department is seeking highly motivated, dedicated fire and EMS service personnel to be firefighter/paramedics. South Shore Fire Department is a full service fire and emergency medical system staffed by 65 career firefighters.
The South Shore Fire Department is accepting applications from entry level candidates as well as lateral transfer candidates with one eligibility list developed and approved by the Police & Fire Commission in September 2019.
Both entry level and lateral transfer candidates must meet all of the hiring requirements list in the application packet. In order to be considered as a lateral transfer applicant the applicant must have at Least One Year of Experience on a Full Time Fire/EMS Department and Must Have Been a Non-Probationary Employee.
Applicants must have the following (August 12, 2019): (a) WI State or National Registry - Paramedic Certification, (b) State of Wisconsin Certified Firefighter I, Firefighter II - and (c) Candidate Physical Ability Test Certification within the last 12 month period as of August 12, 2019.
All Candidates will be required to have or obtain State Driver/Operator Pumper Certification within one year of being appointed to the SSFD.
Applications may be picked up or requested from:
Jamie Adams, Administrative Assistant
3900 Old Green Bay Road, Mt. Pleasant, WI 53403-9488.
Phone: (262) 995-1215
Via Email: email@example.com
Applications must be returned prior to 4:30 p.m. on August 12, 2019.