Bulk Waste Pickup
In the 2021contract with GFL Environmental (Formerly Advanced Disposal) each household unit is allowed one free bulk pick up per year @ seven cubic yards. Residents/property owners are responsible to arrange for the bulk pick up by calling GFL Environmental’s Customer Service Number (262) 679-0860. Should residents/property owners require additional bulk pick up it can be arranged through GFL Environmental but at a cost.
Guidelines for Bulk Curbside Pick-Up
The purpose of the Curbside Pick-Up is for bulk items that do not fit into your 96 gallon garbage cart.
- 7 cubic yard Maximum ≈ Equates to the following sized area on a person’s frontage:
♦ 9.5’ x 5’ x 4’ high (on a 30’ lot, this would take up 1/3 of the frontage).
♦ 12’ x 5’ x 3’ high (this would fill a typical driveway approach).
- Examples to demonstrate an approximate 7 cubic yard Maximum.
♦ (6) Queen Mattresses / Box Springs.
♦ (2) Sofas plus a couple End Tables.
♦ (4) Dressers
- Items placed out too early will be removed by the Village AND property owner will be charged the Abatement Cost.
- Items not collected by Contractor due to exceeding limits or not allowable for collection shall be removed by property owner within 24 hours of scheduled pick up OR Items will be removed by the Village AND property owner will be charged the Abatement Cost.
Note: Loose material and garbage bags that can fit in a 96 gallon garbage cart are discouraged, however, the Curbside Pick-Up Contractor can collect up to (5) 32 gallon containers with a few bulk items, but NOT IN ADDITION TO the maximum allowable items.
Where should Items be placed?
- Pick-Ups will only be collected at the street side of the property, No Alleys.
- All Materials MUST be placed between the Public Sidewalk and Curb / Roadway.
- If there is No Curb, place materials as close to the street pavement as possible.
- Material placement MUST NOT block or impede the Public Sidewalk or Roadway.
Weight Limits for Curbside Collection
♦ No Item exceeding 150 pounds allowed.
♦ No Container, including bags, exceeding 50 pounds allowed.
♦ If you can’t lift the container above your knees and carry it 50 feet then it’s too heavy.
Only Bulk & Containerized Items will be Collected
♦ No Yard Waste, Branches, Recyclables, Bricks or Concrete allowed.
♦ All Loose Items MUST be placed in a 32 gallon container.
♦ Building materials MUST be placed in a 32 gallon container (Insulation, lumber, tile, etc.).
♦ Long Items CANNOT EXCEED length of 4 feet.
♦ NO drywall sheets or anything larger than a Queen mattress; Larger items, i.e., Drywall, Paneling, Shower Stalls, etc.
MUST BE BROKEN DOWN and flattened into sections not to exceed 4’ x 4’ x 18”.
♦ No Pianos, Hot Tubs, Appliances, Pools, Fire Pits, Cast Iron Sinks or Tubs.
♦ Nothing containing Asbestos or Asphalt Materials, Including but not limited to Roofing Materials.
♦ ABSOLUTELY NO METAL ITEMS OF ANY KIND.
Allowable and Acceptable Items Exceeds Allowable Amount & Unacceptable Items