Real Estate Property Taxes
Village of Mount Pleasant 2023 Real Estate Tax Bills will be mailed around mid-December. View your tax bill online and print receipts at Racine County. If you have questions about your tax bill you may email, call, or visit the Village Clerk-Treasurer’s office in person. Please note, that due to high call volumes and in-person traffic during tax collection, it is recommended that you leave a message.
How to Pay Your Property Tax Bill
NEW IN 2023-2024! Johnson Bank no longer accepts Real Estate Tax payments for the Village of Mount Pleasant. Johnson Bank will no longer issue receipts for tax payments, they will instead offer a drop box for property owners. There are several options available to pay your Real Estate Taxes.
- 24-Hour Drop Box at Village Hall
The Village secure drop box is located outside of the Village Hall Main Entrance doors on the east wall. The drop box is emptied daily Monday through Friday.
- By Mail
Mail tax payments to:
Village of Mount Pleasant Treasurer
8811 Campus Drive
Mount Pleasant, WI 53406
- Johnson Bank
Drop boxes are available at two Johnson Bank locations in the Mount Pleasant area, it is strongly recommended that you do not use cash. The following locations have a drop box available: 6700 Washington Avenue and 5901 Durand Avenue.
E-Check and credit card payments can be submitted online. E-Checks are subject to a $0.75 convenience fee. Credit Card payments are subject to a 2.35% convenience fee.
- In-person at Village Hall
Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with the exception of holidays. Credit or Debit Card payments are not accepted at Village Hall. Make all checks payable to the Village of Mount Pleasant.
Include the following with your payment:
- Parcel number or bill number on the check.
- A phone number on the check in case of questions.
- Payment stub from the tax bill mailed to you.
- Endorsement on the back of escrow checks – be sure all parties have signed.
- For a receipt, include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
If your escrow check exceeds the amount of taxes due, a refund check will be mailed to you approximately six to eight weeks after your payment is made. The Village Clerk-Treasurer will not issue refunds of overpayments at the time of payment.
Receipts can be printed online at the Racine County website. Property owners who want a receipt mailed to them should enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with their payment. You can also stop by the Village Clerk-Treasurer’s Office during normal business hours to pick up a copy of your receipt.
Tax Bill Due Dates
The Village of Mount Pleasant offers two options for payment of your Real Estate Taxes.
Option 1 – Full Payment Option
Full payment of the real estate taxes including any special assessments or delinquent utility amounts, if any, are due on or before January 31.
Option 2 – Installment Option
Reminder notices are NOT mailed. The tax bill mailed in December is the only bill you will receive.
- First Installment is due January 31. This is payable to the Village of Mount Pleasant.
- Second Installment is due July 31. This is payable to the Racine County Treasurer.
To have your payment reflect a December payment date, your payment must be postmarked in December. Any payments, including check or credit card payments, that are returned by the bank are subject to a $25.00 return fee by Mount Pleasant.
Real Estate tax bills DO NOT forward. If you receive a tax bill for a property that you sold, please return the bill to the Village Clerk-Treasurer. If you need to update the mailing address of your Real Estate Tax Bill, there are three options available:
- Online. Visit the Racine County website and search for the property. Once you have located the applicable tax parcel, the current mailing address will be displayed. To update the address, click the link that says “Request Mailing Address Change” and follow the prompts.
- Contact the Racine County Treasurer's Office.
- Contact the Mount Pleasant Village Clerk-Treasurer Office.
Lottery and Gaming Credit
Properties that were used as a primary residence by the owner on January 1 qualify for one lottery credit. If you did not receive a Lottery & Gaming Credit on your tax bill and you are eligible, you have until January 31 to file an application with the Village Clerk-Treasurer. If you received the Lottery & Gaming Credit on your bill and do not qualify, you need to submit a removal request form to the Village Clerk-Treasurer by January 31 and pay the additional amount due.
Delinquent Tax Payments
Delinquent Real Estate Tax payments are payable to the Racine County Treasurer's Office. All delinquent taxes are subject to an interest and penalty payment of 1.5% per month or fraction of a month on the total unpaid balance of the tax bill retroactive to February 1 until paid.
I Want To...
- Become a Pollworker (PDF)
- License My Cat or Dog (PDF)
- Pay My Taxes
- Register to Vote
- Apply For or Renew a Liquor License
- Obtain Other Licenses
- Make an Open Records Request (PDF)
- Rent a Park: call 1-262-664-7840
- Read Meeting Agendas or Minutes
- DOR Alcohol Licensing Information
Please arrive by 4:30 if you plan on submitting paperwork for any Village licenses.