Simple and easy to return your absentee ballot in the Drop Box at Village Hall.
Please note absentee ballots must be returned by Election Day (preferably before).
The Drop Box is completely safe and available 24/7. Watch this short video below ~
Ever wonder what happens to your absentee ballot after you drop it off???
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT AFTER RETURNING IT TO VILLAGE HALL (In the Drop Box, in-person, or via USPS).
• Clerk’s office collects the absentee ballot.
• Absentee Ballot Certificate envelope is reviewed for accuracy.
• If complete, it is marked returned/received in the Wisconsin Voter Database.
• If a problem is found on the Absentee Ballot Certificate envelope, it is marked returned to be rejected in the Wisconsin Voter Database.
• If there is a problem with the Absentee Ballot Certificate envelope, the clerk’s office will attempt to contact the voter. They may try email, phone call or USPS mail (if time allows) depending on the access information provided by the voter on their absentee application. Extensive effort is made to reach the voter before Election Day if their Absentee Ballot Certificate is insufficiently filled out.
• At any time, voters can view the absentee ballot status online via myvote.wi.gov
• Absentee ballots are then kept in a secure vault until Election Day.
• On Election Day all complete and incomplete Absentee Ballot Certificate envelopes containing the ballots are delivered to the appropriate polling location. If complete they are processed and counted. If insufficiently filled out, it is logged as rejected and subsequently sent to the Racine County Clerk’s office with the rest of the ballots after the election (as per the law).
• Ballots are never thrown out.
Should your Absentee Ballot not arrive within five to seven days from the online request, check your status on myvote.wi.gov “Absentee ballot sent xx/xx/2020.”
• Once the Absentee Ballot leaves Village Hall it is the responsibility of the USPS to deliver it.
Please consider being a poll worker, applications can be found on the Village website, Elections tab. Racine County residents are able to work at any Racine County polling location.