Sewer Utility Maintenance Worker - Seasonal
To perform semiskilled maintenance work in our Sewer Utility Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs repairs, improvements and maintains the cleanliness of Sewer Utility vehicles, equipment and lift stations.
- General knowledge of sewer collection system maintenance, such as sewer cleaning, sewer televising and manhole repairs.
- Assists with sewer televising equipment when necessary.
- Maintains and performs minor repair on Utility buildings and structures.
- Assist with sewer main and manhole cleaning, maintenance and repairs.
- Performs daily checks on Utility lift stations and assists with Digger’s Hotline locates.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of methods and techniques of Sewer Utility operations.
- Maintenance and minor repair of power equipment, vehicles, and building structures.
- Methods and techniques of utility maintenance repair and construction.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, masonry and painting skills.
- Experience with basic mechanical repairs and maintenance.
- Use of power hand held tools for carpentry, plumbing and masonry.
- Perform basic mathematics.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
High School graduation or equivalent.
- Age 18 or older required
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in the work environment, performing a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks
- Work around the Public in a safe and courteous manner
Requires physical ability to exert between up to 70 to 100 lbs. of force on an occasional (033%) basis and 70 lbs. of force on a frequent (34-66%) basis throughout the average course of the work period. Employees must be able to exert 70 lbs. of force to shoulder level, 50-60 lbs. to overhead level. Requires exertional forces for activities such as lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, to name a few, throughout the course of the average work period.
- Requires ability to squat, kneel and crawl on an occasional (0-33%) basis and then throughout the average course of the work period.
- Requires ability to perform frequent (33%-66%) bending throughout the average course of the work period.
- Requires ability to use the upper and lower extremities at a constant (66-100%) basis throughout the average course of the work period.
- Requires ability to walk on various uneven terrain and/or stand on a constant (66-100%) basis throughout the average course of the work period.
- Requires the ability to use arm and legs to control standard machine operations in a safe constructive manner.
- Requires the ability to sit in a moving vehicle as much as a constant (66-100%) basis throughout the average course of the work period.
This description has been prepared to assist in properly evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, working conditions, etc., present in the classification. It is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and characteristic levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or, in any way, modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind and level of difficulty.
- Requires ability to perform work under varying climatic conditions.
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. generally
- Some weekend and Holidays hours required
- Work period from June thru October flexible
$17.00 Per Hour
Interested candidates may apply by submitting their application (available on our website at www.mtpleasantwi.gov) or resume, with a cover letter to:
Carol Thiel, HR Director at email@example.com or mail directly to:
Village of Mt Pleasant; 8811 Campus Drive; Mt Pleasant, WI 53406; Attn: Carol Thiel.
This posting will remain in effect until the position is filled.
The Village of Mount Pleasant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mount Pleasant Police Department is taking applications for Police Officer to fill vacancies and to establish an Eligibility List.
This is an ongoing recruitment effort. If you want to be included in this current application process, the deadline is 4:00pm on July 31, 2020.