Department: Department of Public Works
Responsible for performing work within the Highway Department and ensuring that work is completed in a timely manner.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of highway maintenance activities including snow removal, pothole filling, crack sealing, mowing ditches, ditch repair, and trimming trees.
- Interacts directly with citizens in the field and answers general questions regarding highway maintenance.
- Responsible for the safe operation and care of heavy construction equipment.
Preferred Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of best maintenance practices in roadway construction, and its infrastructure.
- Experienced with the operation of heavy construction equipment, power tools, carpentry, plumbing, and masonry skills.
- A high school diploma is required.
- Equivalent combinations of training and experience will be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License
- A valid CDL license
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to display initiative
- Skills in diplomacy and interpersonal relations
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization
- Ability to read, understand and process routine and complex information in written form
- Ability to evaluate and/or make independent decisions, with or without supervision
- Ability to work with individuals towards a common goal
- Ability to keep records of daily activities
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of road infrastructure and general maintenance
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
This position works the regular business hours of 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; responsibilities outside of the regular business hours are required.
Depending on qualifications, the starting wage for this full-time position is between $23.00 to $29.25 per hour. This position includes a competitive benefits package and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Thiel, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until filled.
The Village of Mount Pleasant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.