PARKS & RECREATION MANAGER
This Parks & Recreation Manager position is responsible for developing and maintaining activities and programs for the general public and the maintenance of all Village of Mount Pleasant parks.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops, supervises and coordinates community and special events; park programs and activities.
- Directs and coordinates all daily operations and maintenance activities for all Village parks.
- Develops standard operating procedures and manuals for implementation. Reviews performance measure tracking for the Village.
- Establishes cooperative programming and/or solicitation of sponsorship with local businesses, civic, and community groups.
- Directs the work of and manages subordinate staff and volunteers. Assists with interviewing and the selection of new employees. Provides training and instructions on an ongoing basis, staff coaching and counseling; assigns tasks and reviews work; gives advice and recommendations.
- Provides leadership and management to all assigned staff.
- Implements Park and Open Space Plans for the Village of Mount Pleasant in coordination with Community Development Director and Planning Division.
- Develops and recommends the annual division budget to the Community Development Director; forecasts necessary funding for operational needs, staff, and equipment. Monitors budget, contracts, and outside services. Identifies problem areas and recommends refinements; authorizes expenditures; projects anticipated revenues.
- >Develops long range program philosophy and programs with the Community Development Director to assist in meeting the Village's strategic goals and initiatives.
- Calculates the most efficient and cost-effective methods to extend and preserve the useful life of existing and future facilities and equipment. Continues to identify process improvements, eliminates redundant systems and implements cost control measurements.
- Assists in the development and implementation of parks systems operating policies and procedures.
- Plans and prioritizes CIP and other material work projects. Ensures all work is completed accurately and timely. Secures supplies, materials and equipment for daily work projects.
- Administers bid preparation and contracts for the Parks Division pertaining to capital projects.
- Prepare all meeting materials, agenda’s, minutes, packet preparation, take and submit Parks Advisory Board minutes during meetings. Forwards all approved minutes; agenda’s and any contracts to Village Clerk for posting.
- Attend Village Board Meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of best practices in recreation management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree or advanced certificate in Parks, Recreation Management or similar field from an accredited college or university or a closely related field with five (5) years related experience coordinating or managing a park operation.
- At least three to five years of professional experience in recreation programming, and/or parks related programs/services/activities, preferable in the public sector.
- Equivalent combinations of training and experience will be considered.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License or have the ability to obtain upon hire
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to display initiative
- Skills in diplomacy and interpersonal relations
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization
- Ability to read, understand and process routine and complex information in written form
- Ability to evaluate and/or make independent decisions, with or without supervision
- Ability to organize individuals of diverse needs toward a common goal
- Skills in program administration
- Ability to keep records and prepare budgets, reports, and capital improvement plans
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office or comparable software programs.
- Ability to plan and manage parks programs
HOURS OF WORK:
This salaried position works the regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; responsibilities outside of the regular business hours are required.
The salary range for this position is in the range of $57,179 to $62,807 with regular Village Benefits.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Thiel, HR Director at email@example.com.
The Mount Pleasant Police Department is taking applications for Police Officer to fill vacancies and to establish an Eligibility List.
This is an ongoing recruitment effort, however, if you want to be included in this current process your application and all additional paperwork has to be received by 4:00pm on April 15, 2019.
South Shore Fire Department
The South Shore Fire Department is a consolidated Fire Department between the Village of Mount Pleasant and the Village of Sturtevant. Mount Pleasant is the location of FoxConn, which is developing the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park.
The South Shore Fire Department is seeking highly motivated, dedicated fire and EMS service personnel to be firefighter/paramedics. South Shore Fire Department is a full service fire and emergency medical system staffed by 59 career firefighters.
The South Shore Fire Department is developing an eligibility list to hire at least six new firefighter/paramedics by about July 1, 2019. This eligibility list may expire after this group of firefighter/paramedics are hired.
A second recruitment process to develop another candidate eligibility list will be conducted in the July to September 2019 time period.
Applicants must have the following (March 11, 2019): (a) WI State or National Registry - Paramedic Certification, (b) Certified Firefighter I, Firefighter II and Driver/ Operator (Pumper) - State of Wisconsin and (c) Candidate Physical Ability Test Certification within the last 12 month period as of March 11, 2019.
Applications may be picked up or requested from:
Jamie Adams, Administrative Assistant
3900 Old Green Bay Road, Mt. Pleasant, WI 53403-9488.
Phone: (262) 995-1215
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be returned prior to 4:30 p.m. on March 11, 2019.
Highway & Parks Seasonal Maintenance Workers
To perform semiskilled maintenance work in our Highway and Parks Departments.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs / improvements and maintains the cleanliness of parks grounds (Shrubs, trees and vegetation) and facility structures (restrooms, parking lots, benches).
- General Road Maintenance such as trash pickup, pothole filling roadside sign repair.
- Maintains and performs minor repair on building structures.
- Maintains playground equipment and surroundings.
- Cleanliness of vehicles and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Methods and techniques of park care and operations.
- Maintenance and minor repair of power equipment, vehicles, and building structures.
- Methods and techniques of road maintenance repair and construction.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, masonry, painting.
- Experience with small tractors, lawnmowers, residential and commercial type.
- Use of power hand held tools for carpentry, plumbing, masonry.
- Perform basic mathematics.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Age 18 or older required.
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in the work environment, performing a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks.
- Work around the Public in a safe and courteous manner.
- Requires ability to perform work under varying climatic conditions.
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. generally.
- Some weekend and Holidays hours required.
- Work period from April thru October flexible.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and application or resume via email to Carol Thiel, HR Director at email@example.com or mail directly to Village of Mt Pleasant; 8811 Campus Drive; Mt Pleasant, WI 53406; attn.: Carol Thiel. This posting will remain in effect until all three positions are filled.
The Village of Mount Pleasant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.