The Public Works Department provides a safe environment for drivers and their families by maintaining our roads and adjacent right of ways.
For questions regarding garbage and waste collection or special pickups, please call GFL Environmental (formerly Advanced Disposal) at 1-262-679-0860.
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
8700 Campus Drive
Mount Pleasant, WI 53406
Kinzie Avenue Reconstruction
The Kinzie Avenue reconstruction project is an implementation by the Village of Mount Pleasant in coordination with the City of Racine Water Utility. The scope of the reconstruction project is to address road improvements while also providing City water services by extending the water main to the west along Kinzie Avenue, between Langdon Avenue and South Emmertsen Road. Reconstruction work begins on the week of June 12, 2023, and will take approximately four months to complete.
View a map of the Kinzie Avenue reconstruction project here.
Braun Road Improvements Project
The Braun Road Improvements project is a developer-led road project. Vehicle accessibility will be intermittent throughout the three-stage project. Beginning Monday, July 17, traffic on Braun Road between Willow Road and Green Bay Road (STH 31) will be reduced to eastbound traffic only. Drivers who typically head west on this stretch will be detoured to use Durand Avenue (STH 11), to Willow Road, and then to Braun Road. Road detours in place are expected to last through mid-October.
- Stage 1 - Braun will be Eastbound traffic only
- Stage 2- Braun will open to 2 way traffic
- Stage 3 -Braun will be closed entirely to complete milling, surface paving, and road striping
- Section 1 - Susanne and Melanie
- Section 2 - S Memorial and Winthrop
- Section 3 - Kinzie Avenue
- Section 4 - Mead Street
- Section 5 - Millstone, Tamarack, Conifer, Pinecone, Auburn
- Section 6 - 90th Street
- Section 7 - Village Center Drive
- Section 8 - Capital, Glendale, Norton
- City of Racine - Eaton Lane
- City of Racine - Winthrop Ave between Carpenter and Gates
- Sec 1 Shirley Ave
- Sec 10 Fox Run, Calvin, Hunter
- Sec 11 Sidewalks
- Sec 2 Airline, Jackson, Kinzie, Frontage, Oakes
- Sec 3 Centennial, Mt Vernon, Grand Prix, Potomac, Patriot
- Sec 4 Brandon, Ashley, Ryan, Dora, Heinze, Amber
- Sec 5 Willow Rd
- Sec 6 Renaissance Blvd
- Sec 7 Berkshire Ln
- Sec 8 Judith and Jacob
- Sec 9 Braun Rd Parking
- Sturtevant 90th Street Repaving
Emmerston Road (16th Street - STH 20)
Construction is scheduled to be on Emmertsen Road (north of the new roundabout at 16th Street and Emmertsen Road to STH 20) during the Spring of 2020.
Updates will be provided through the Village website and Facebook page.
Please use the image below as a reference.
Updated 5/3/19: Road Project - 16th Street (Oakes Road - STH 31)
16th Street and 31 Closure Update
Highway 31 will be closing at 16th street tonight, 5/3, at 10 PM! It will reopen at 6AM on Monday, 5/6 at 6AM.
While this closure is in effect, please use alternate routes or the posted detour (Washington Ave - Ohio Street - Durand Ave)
* Emmertsen Road will have two-way traffic during the closure.
* 16th Street BETWEEN 31 and Emmertsen will have two-way traffic. 16th Street will remain closed west of Emmertsen Road.
Post-closure, traffic patterns change again as work continues:
* Emmertsen Road will still have two-way traffic between Washington and 16th Street.
* 16th Street will have EASTBOUND traffic only.
The post-closure pattern will remain in place until further notice. We'll update this space.
The following exhibits were displayed at the Public Informational Meeting at Village Hall on 7/26/2018:
2018 Paving Program
The Village plans to begin its Paving Program for the 2018 construction season during the summer of 2018, to repair a total of 10 roads. Residents will be able to access their road and driveway while construction commences; with the exception of when work is in progress immediately in front of the driveway. Letters have gone out to residents in regards to the Program, and the Village will continue to communicate to residents throughout the process.
Please use the images below as a reference for where the Paving Program will be this summer.
16th Street (90th Street - Willow Road)
Reconstruction will begin on 16th Street (90th Street - Willow Road) during the 2018 construction season. Changes in traffic patterns/detours are to be expected during construction.
Please use the image below as a reference.